Saturday, March 15, 2008
Plans for the next two weeks
Patch of Weeds by Albrecht Dürer via Science Musings
It is March 15, a quiet Saturday evening, I just returned from the library with a stack of poetry books. It is starting to smell like spring outside. Also, I attended a great little poetry reading on Friday at the KGB Bar, and want to blog about that. All this bodes for a good beginning, for next week and this blog.
Here's the list of books I brought back:
The Art of Poetry: How to Read a Poem
Selected Poems And Four Plays
Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass
Poet's Market 2007 (Poet's Market)
Goals for these last two weeks of March are:
1) Getting at least 10 good postings up.
2) Go to another poetry reading.
3) Research reading at a poetry reading.
4) Look into interviewing someone in the poetry world, an author, publisher, or
5) Last but tops, write good poetry. My goal for this is to write 5 good (meaning great) poems
a month. So far for March I have two which seem decent. They will be the subject of the
next two blogs.
...If I can get all this going in the next two weeks, I'm going to spend the first week of April taking this blog public, introducing it to family and friends, etc.