Thursday, April 10, 2008

Novelettes and Organizing Knowledge


Image via Google

Possible theme for use in my NaNoWriMo:

I remember my dad with furrowed eyebrows talking about some 18th century Jesuit's system for organizing knowledge. It was one of my dad's (many) ideas dramatically presented at dinner-times. Forgotten by me until surprisingly triggered by this month's issue of the Harvard Business Review, speaking of Googles " mission 'to organize the worlds information and make it universally accessible and useful" (p.60). My dad could have uttered those words. I almost swear he did utter them. And years before Google. One of the themes I'd like to explore in my little projected novelette is how ideas hang around (in sometimes desolate places) before hitting the right medium for growth.

No comments: